Hiring an Architect to Adapt Home Plans for Our Building Site
We built a house a few years ago in an area that has a lot of underground drilling and mining. Older and newer homes in our area are hit with subsidence problems. A lot of it could have been avoided by choosing to employ construction methods to protect against it. There is not a whole lot you can do about older homes built before it was an issue, but new construction should always take it into consideration. We hired an architect to look at the house we wanted to build. He used structural calculations to tell us where problem spots would occur. We looked at other similar homes built by different contractors using similar plans and the architect was correct. We saw stress cracks and other issues at every spot he pointed out.
All ground eventually moves, settles, heaves and shifts. Your house cannot be a structure that cannot take the pressure. Large buildings are built to move in the wind or when an earthquake strikes. Solid as a rock does not always work when it comes to building something. The architect took the plans for the house we liked as far as the layout and exterior look was concerned. He then changed some design parameters and specified the type of materials to use in construction. This even changed the formulation of the concrete for the footer, driveway and sidewalks.
Architects are experienced in using structural calculations to get you the structure you need for the site you are building on. Standard building plans are general for building on sites that do not have any particular issues. Your site might have water drainage problems creating extreme hydraulic pressure on your foundation walls, or you could be in an area dry as a bone. Your house plans for a new build should be adapted for the place it will be constructed.
- Taking Care of My Grandmother’s Safety and Health is Important to Me
- We Want Something Special for Our Kids
- I Applied for a Better Position After Having Trouble
- I Needed to Grow Up After Seeing How Hard Life Can Be
- I Found What I Needed on a Local Website
- Our Mom Hired Professional Movers
- The Foundation of the House Has Subsided
- A Storage Facility for My Possessions
- I Wanted Central Air Rather Than Window Units
- I Wanted to Make Something of Myself for My Family’s Sake
- Corporate Video Production Company in Indonesia
- Hiring an Architect to Adapt Home Plans for Our Building Site
- I Am Not Going to Lose Tenants
- 6 Stress-Relieving Financial Tips for Entrepreneurs
- Money Lessons I Learned Delivering Newspapers to Rich People
- 5 Secrets Most People Don’t Know About Money
- Don’t Let a Startup Failure Hold You Back
- Will Gen Z Fill the Gap in Creative Talent?